Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Maxgear Gooj

Quick post this evening about one of the best tools I have ever bought.

The Gooj ( get out of jail ) is an awesome tool. With (2 / 2.5 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 8mm) Hex tools, a small but solid chaintool, two tyre levers, a T25 tool,a phillips screwdriver and a spoke wrench, it has many if not most of the things you'll need on the trailside.
Weighing in at 210 grams it isn't the lightest of tools but i definately does the job. The tools are made of a chrome and steel alloy the hex keys have so far resisted rounding off and the rest of the tools have held strong.
The body is easy to grip and allows you to really torque up those pesky bolts and leave your bike in a safe rideable condition.
The biggest problem is the bolts that are holding the tool together, just make sure to give them a quick tighten evry now and again and you'll have no problems.
For the £17.50 I paid I'd say this tool is extremely worth the money, and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.
In the next couple of days I will be doing a few reviews on the other tools in my bike aid box and enlightning you on the tools that have rescued me from some sketchy situations.
Hope I've helped out, for now T'ra

1 comment:

  1. before you wrote "bike aid box" i seriously wondered why you would need a tool called "get out of jail" ^^

    ReplyDelete